Saturday, October 23, 2010

To the orphanage again:)

We said good-bye to most of the Eastlake team and saw the off to the Udon Thani airport. I miss the group already. I'm sure Paul, Tim, and Leanne are enjoying there 12hr layover in Korea about now. I imagine Jim and Janet are near home now since they left Bangkok on an earlier flight. Amy, Bank, and Joy were huge supporters as local team members that could speak Thai and loved playing with the kids.
Anna and I are sticking around the area a couple days before we continue our travels in SE Asia and Marco decided to stay another week here in Udon Thani. We plan on going to the orphanage again today with Amy after going to her church. We will play with the kids and pass out some more photos. It's hard to say good-bye to the girls that we have grown to love, especially when you see the tears in their eyes.
Jeff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a prayer supporter for Janet and Jim, I have been blessed to hear of the events, energy, and love that abound at the orphanage. I pray each person is forever changed, and that each child has firmly seen the love of Christ in each team member as they pass through. Thank you for sharing your experience eith those left Stateside! Your journey has blessed many!
jennifer

Ryan said...

Hello,

Thanks for sharing about your trip to the orphanage. Our student Ministry at Redeemer here in Fort Collins is looking for ways we too can support the orphanage. One of our students in our ministry was adopted from the orphanage just over a year ago. Her name is Penpohn, "Penny". She is sharing to our students and looking for ways we can send some things over to the orphanage. Please feel free to contact me and share some thoughts.

Ryan Meyer
Director of Student Ministries
ryan@redeemerconnect.com
970-225-9020

Anonymous said...

I volunteered at Ban Udon home for girls in 2006, I can't find the adress, do you have it? I have a nursing friend ho would love to go there