Saturday, March 29, 2008

Confetti...

So yesterday found me running around performing my Dr Seus routine again... here and there and everywhere... and when I came back I found an explosion of color paper bits all round the gazebo, tables, etc... awe.. yes.. construction paper, scissors and glue sticks was on the agenda today... you can only smile at such a site as excitement still seemed to cling to the air around... it literally looked as if a huge confetti canon had gone off... randomly cut at rectangles, ovals, hearts and triangles of purple, orange, red, yellow and green abound.

My task at the moment was to talk with Fred Croson, our fearless leader, to discuss the logistics at hand. As Fred approached me... such thoughts melted from my mind and a huge smile came across my face... see... on Fred's chest was stuck a squiggly cut out gold, metallic heart which was born from a child's love of the confetti.

Need I say anymore... for this is why we are here. Joy Allen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great story Joy - I can almost imagine being there with you, and seeing all those little girls giggling as they cut out fun shapes from construction paper. I bet they are having a blast with you all! I am praying for safety, health and rest for everyone on the team. I miss you Charles and can’t wait to see you next week – I love you!