Friday, April 4, 2008

Elephants and Fishes...

Well, after a fun yet hectic week or so in Udon Thani we arrived at the unbelievably beautiful Krabi. God definately had fun when he created this amazing place. It was nice to have a few days to wind down and rest before heading back home. I got a foot scrub and pedicure...ON THE BEACH! It was so great, except that I got so sunburnt on the top of my feet and legs. Whoops! We then went for a sunset snorkel cruise. I actually got in the water and snorkeled - for me that's a pretty big feat. We watched thousands of bats exit their island mountain home to head out for a night of feeding - imagine, standing on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean watching thousands of bats, some as big as dogs, fly overhead. After a great night's sleep, it was time for some elephant trecking. I rode an elepahnt named Chayu through a rubber plantation, explored a cave, swam in the deepest natural pool in Krabi, and got an impromptu lesson on how rubber is manufacutred. It was so fun to get some local flavor and see how some of the Krabi inhabitants make their living. All in all it was an amazing trip. I miss it already, but as I sit typing this in the Bangkok airport I know that I miss you all very much and am ready to come home. SEE YOU SUNDAY!
Loves and Blessings,
Ande

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got back to Bangkok safely. We miss you all out here!