Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rest and Relaxation, But I will never forget...

Hey Everyone,
18 of us are in Krabi right now, enjoying the beautiful sun and amazing beaches. Truly a blessing to be here. As I reflect on this experience as a whole, i will never forget the orphanage that touched my heart. Let me tell you about her.
Her name is Bo she is about 8 yrs old. She is quiet, shy, beautiful and sweet. The last day we were at the orphanage she kept holding the right side of her mouth and it was swollen, so i got the translator to ask what was wrong, and she had 3 teeth pulled that morning. After watching her try to eat lunch and could not chew, she tried to be so brave and hold it together, I broke down. I just felt the devastation of living as an orphanage. She has no mom to tell her it will be okay, or to comforter her while she is in pain. She has no one to tell her how beautiful she is, and how much they love her. No one to hug her, or brush the hair out of her face. I thought how can the world be so unfair and what did she ever do to deserve this.
Then i realized God knew she would need someone that day to comfort her. And He loves her so much that he sent some random girl from Seattle to do that. I am forever thankful for Bo and the change in my heart, and am so happy she felt the love of God through me.
That is what life is about!
heather

2 comments:

sway said...

Heather,
I read about Bo early this morning and havent been able to stop thinking about her. It makes me so sad that she is without parents. Thankyou so much for loving on her that day! Im sure it meant the world to her. Im glad you are there, even though i miss ya tons!!! Love you! PS: How many Bo's are there? :)
Sweina-Zach-JoJo

Jeff Otis said...

Heather,
Great update! I'm glad you were able to connect with Bo...that was a great story. I can think of no one else better created for the situation than you! You are caring and super empathetic! I'm glad you are enjoying your experience and that God is using you in a powerful way!
J